- An account is required on the MICE SSH Bastion (mousehole.pp.rl.ac.uk) in order to connect to any MICE computer from outside of RAL.
- To obtain an account, send an email to
Malcolm Ellis with the following information:
- Your prefered username.
- The contact email address (for use by RAL PPD) you want associated with this account.
- An SSH public key to be used for authentication.
- More details about the generation and use of SSH keys can be found here.
PPD Linux Machines
- In order to get an account on the PPD linux machines, you first need to register as a MICE user (see here for details).
- The next step is to get an account on the SSH bastion (see the instructions above).
- Finally, you need to download and complete the "Request for Computer Account on RAL Particle Physics Department Systems" form (links below) and email it to Rose Hayes and Malcolm Ellis.
- Rose will verify that you are a registered MICE user and Chris Brew will make your account and contact you with the password.
- The application form can be downloaded in the following formats:
- You should complete the fields from Surname down to the signature of the account holder.
- Rose will sign as the contact in Particle Physics department and forward the form to Chris.
Disk space and G4MICE on PPD Linux Cluster
- Details will be added here soon.