MICE Collaboration Meeting - October 23-26, 2002 - LBNL
- Schedule: A summary is available here. The meeting will start Wednesday afternoon
(October 23) and end early Saturday afternoon (October 26). It will be
preceded by a
cooling theory and simulation meeting on Monday (October 22) and the
MuCool Collaboration Meeting Tuesday through
Wednesday noon. There is a joint meeting of working group conveners and the
steering group scheduled for Wednesday evening, a steering group meeting
Thursday evening and a collaboration board meeting Friday morning. Also,
the Perseverance Hall addition (room 130B) is available for the software
group to meet informally on Monday.
- Agenda: is available
here and a version containing links to
talks is here
- Location: All plenary meetings are in Perseverance Hall,
attached to the cafeteria (Bldg. 54)
- Registration: Please register using
You can see a list of registered people here.
- Banquet: A group dinner has been arranged for Wednesday night, please make your entree selection through this form. Photos are available here (P. Gruber).
- Hotel accommodations: A block of 40 rooms have been reserved at the
Howard Johnson Shattuck Plaza
Hotel in downtown Berkeley. Room block is only guaranteed until
September 23rd. For reservations, please call 1-800-446-4656, or send email to
Be sure to mention the promo code for our special rate of $69 a night for
single occupancy, and $79 a night for double occupancy, plus 12% tax.
The code is "LBNL-MICE".
The only parking at the hotel is by two public parking facilities nearby:
On street parking is available at metered spaces. Meters are monitored
from 9am to 6pm Monday-Saturday. Sundays are free.
- 2020 Kittredge - Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The rate is
$2.00 per hour or $12.00 daily
- 2061 Allston Way - Closed on Sundays. Open Monday-Thursday 6am-12am,
Friday 6am-2am, and Saturday 8am-2am. The rate is $2.50 per hour or
$24 a day
- Transportation: Rental cars are strongly discouraged since there is no
room for parking them at the Lab, you should take the LBNL shuttle from the
BART (train) station to the
Lab on weekdays - there will be a special arrangement for Saturday. Details
can be found
It is very important that you complete the registration form with a valid
email address. A LBNL shuttle pass will be emailed to you in PDF format.
This must be printed and brought with you for access to the shuttle. If
you cannot open PDF documents please email
Tom Gallant after you submit
- Local information: Berkeley information can be found at the
LBNL Visitor Information
Berkeley Convention & Visitors
Bureau site. Also see the San Francisco
Convention & Visitors Bureau site
October 24, 2002